Join us for an "outdoor" opening in a 3d virtual space. All you need is a modern browser--desktop or mobile should work. Just copy the access code 224912 for future use.
1. Click this link to join our opening during the specified time period.
2. Click "Join room" and enable your microphone.
3. Drag your mouse to turn, and use arrow keys to move.
4. Click on the "traffic light" button at lower right for more on controlling your avatar. But it's easiest to learn just by exploring and interacting with others.
If you're feeling adventurous, dive into Second Life, where Thomas Griffith will host a more fully-featured 3d experience:
1. Create a Second Life account and download the viewer for your platform (desktop or laptop only).
2. Once you have the account and viewer, click this link to visit the Second Life map on the web.
3. Click on the icon in the middle of the screen to visit this location. That will open the Second Life viewer, where you will log in with your SL account info. The first two boxes are your user name and password. The third one on the right should say TABULA RASA/180/21/3001.
4. Clicking login will transport you to a sky box 3000 meters above Thomas' island, where you will find some help with navigation. Follow the instructions, or just step off the platform and fall--your avatar won't get hurt.
5. If it's too dark when you get there, press Command-Shift-Y (Mac) or Control-Shift-Y (Windows) to change to daytime.
6. Left-click anywhere to walk there.
7. Find another avatar (Thomas is "Alexx Fenstalker") and strike up a conversation!
⚠️ If your connection or viewer glitches, try closing the window to quit Second Life, then logging in again.
Family and friends of New Media seniors are invited to join us for a special senior send-off. This short celebration will recognize the remarkable achievements of our seniors despite this year’s unprecedented challenges.
The event will take place in Zoom.
This mobile app empowers UMaine students to raise awareness of and solve the issues they find important.